Tips For Winning at Blackjack


The game of blackjack has numerous betting options. Players can choose to make a bet before the dealer deals out the first two cards. Once the player is satisfied with his or her hand, they can make additional wagers. However, they cannot make more wagers after the dealer has dealt the last two cards. When the dealer and the player have the same hand value, the bet is a push. A push means that neither the player nor the dealer has won anything.

Face cards

Face cards in blackjack have different values from number cards. In most cases, they have the value of 10. For example, if you have a hand that contains a Queen, a Jack, and an Ace, the face cards have the same value as the corresponding number cards. The Aces are worth one or eleven, but in certain situations they can make blackjack hands. Therefore, it is important to understand the role of the face cards in blackjack strategy.


If you’ve ever played blackjack and seen a dealer flip an Ace as the upcard, you know the stress level goes up. In fact, when the dealer flips an Ace, he has a 11.5% chance of busting and an 88.5% chance of totaling 17 or higher. In addition, the dealer never peeks at the down card, so the Ace’s value is unchanged from the previous two cards.

10-value cards

If you are playing Blackjack, you should know that the hand of an Ace and a 10 valued card (a “natural”) always beats any other hand. In other words, if the player has an Ace and a 10-value card and the dealer has a ten, the hand is called a blackjack. The dealer will stand on all seventeen, so if the player has a 10 and an ace, he or she wins.

Split hands

If you have a pair of 10s, you may want to split those hands. You can increase your chances of hitting a soft 19 or 18 by doing this. In most cases, you should split your hands unless you have an inferior hand, which is why you should only split hands of high pairs. Otherwise, you should stand with your up-card. Listed below are some tips for successful splitting. These tips can help you increase your chances of winning at blackjack.

Insurance bet

Depending on the situation, placing an insurance bet on blackjack can be profitable or disadvantageous. While the odds of winning a blackjack against the dealer are one in three, the payouts of insurance bets are usually higher than a winning hand outright. It all depends on the player’s preferences and game strategy, and the best way to decide is to study the odds. In this article, we’ll look at the pros and cons of insurance bets on blackjack.


One of the most common and profitable moves in blackjack is doubling down. While this is an obvious strategy, many blackjack players are unaware of the proper time to execute this move, which can result in big wins. Here is an overview of when to double down in blackjack: